The Billing Team Member is a member of the Patient Resources Team and is responsible for carrying out Maple City Health Care Center’s (MCHCC) mission by making health care affordable and accessible to patients and sustainable for the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains patient accounts to maximize affordability and access to services.
- Maximizes reimbursement from third-party payers.
- Participates in systems for quality and efficient billing
- Other duties that support our shared work, as assigned
- This description does not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to adjust to changes in demand and requirements
- Experienced in Microsoft office and other software
- Self-motivated, critical thinking
- Bilingual strongly preferred: English/Spanish
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this work
Education and Experience
- Experience with medical billing preferred
- Associates degree+ preferred or equivalent work experience
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
The Billing Team Member is supervised by the Billing Team Lead. Details of review processes are outlined in the employment agreement and in the employee handbook.
Salary Range and Benefits
Salary is determined according to the Employee Salary and Wage Protocol, based on a range of factors including education, experience, responsibility, and language proficiency. The Billing Team Member will receive comprehensive employee benefits package, based on FTE.
Range $18.50 - $23.50 per hour
How to apply
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org