The Medical Assistant (MA) is a member of a cross-disciplinary care team that includes health care providers, nurses, behavioral health, and other support staff. S/He/They supports the mission and values of Maple City Health Care Center (MCHCC) by welcoming patients and helping to satisfy patient care gaps.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the work of physicians and nurse practitioners with patient intake, screening exams, and documentation in electronic medical records in an accurate and timely manner.
- Treat patients and team members with care and respect
- Check vitals
- Administer vaccines
- Share in the assigned duties of calibration, cleaning, stocking, etc.
- Other duties that support our shared work, as assigned
- Graduation from an accredited high school or GED equivalency required
- One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively to the public in person or on the telephone.
- Work hours: typically, 40 hours a week
- Fluently bilingual: English/Spanish; oral and written
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials functions of this work
The Medical Assistant is supervised by the Site Medical Assistant Lead with administrative oversight by the Site Clinical Care Coordinator. Details of review processes are outlined in the employment agreement and in the Employee Handbook.
Salary Range and Benefits
Salary is determined according to the Employee Salary and Wage Protocol, based on a range of factors including education, experience, responsibility, and language proficiency. S/He/They will receive comprehensive employee benefits package, based on FTE.
How to apply
Send resume to email@example.com